The DP Refresher Simulator Course is designed as a skills refresher for professional and experienced DP system operators. Operators who may have had some significant time away from system operation,those with a lack of interaction with system functionality due to position and operational changes, or those who may be moving between vessels conducting different types of DP operations will also benefit from the course.
Using a complete modern, class 3 DP System simulator, with operational software and hardware of a large and complex DP vessel, attendees review position measurement system processing, solutions to station keeping problems and additional DP System functions. Through review and discussion of past DP incidents and operationally advanced DP System simulator exercises, DPOs will be able to experience and solve complex faults and failures.
- DP Control System Functions Review
- Position Measurement Processing
- Thruster & Power Generation
- Safe Power Plant Operation
- Detailed DP Incident Case Studies
- Human Factors - Situational Awareness, Communication, & Decision Making
- Exercises Consist of manned Engine Control Room connected to DP System Simulator
- Two Full Days of Simulator Exercises
- Driling / Well Stimulation, Dive Support, Pipe / Cable Laying, Trenching Type Exercises
- Manual Maneuvering Opportunities
- Large Variety of System Faults and Failures
- Detailed Debrief Following Each Exercise